Anton signs for Sunderland


Sunderland have completed the signing of West Ham United defender Anton Ferdinand for an undisclosed fee.

The England Under-21 centre-back has agreed a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light to become manager Roy Keane's ninth summer signing.

Keane told the club website: "We needed to strengthen our defence and Anton is a great signing. He is still young but has over 160 games under his belt so he has experience, he's at a good age.

"He will bring quality and competition for places which is what we want, Hopefully we can take him to another level. He has come through the ranks at West Ham and maybe just needs a change."

Ferdinand said: "It was hard leaving West Ham because I have been there for 16 years but after meeting Roy Keane I knew it was time for a change.

"This is a great challenge for me and I feel it is an exciting time at Sunderland. I think the move will do me good and bring the best out of me. I can't wait to get going."

Keane has hinted that Ferdinand may not be his last capture before the close of the transfer window on Monday 1st September.

He added: "I have one more player in mind and then that is the end of it for a few months at least."

Sila like page Blog Liga Malaysia di Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
back to top