Alves targets Golden Shoe

Middlesbrough striker Afonso Alves has set his sights on the Golden Shoe after opening his account at the weekend.

The Brazilian's superb free-kick set the Teessiders on the way to a hard-fought 2-1 home win over Stoke City on Saturday as the club's record signing reminded the fans of his enviable reputation.

Alves scored 34 goals in 31 appearances for former club Heerenveen in 2006/07, but did not reckon in the race for the title of the Continent's top scorer.

He told the club's official website: "The goal I scored against Stoke City on Saturday was my first in this season.


The prize

"That's just the start. I am setting my targets high.

"I will be fighting to win the Golden Shoe this season. I almost won it when I played in Holland.

"The only reason I missed out was that UEFA doesn't rank goals scored in the Dutch Eredivisie as highly as those scored in some other European leagues.

"My goals are worth more here in England, and I feel I can snatch the prize this season."

www.mfc.premiumtv.co.uk

Sila like page Blog Liga Malaysia di Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
back to top