Berbatov after trophies not money


Manchester United new boy Dimitar Berbatov says trophies mean more to him than money.

United smashed their transfer record to sign Berbatov, the £30.75million deal finally being announced at 12.40am on Tuesday morning, 40 minutes after the transfer deadline expired.

It concluded a long-running saga and ended a dramatic day, with Manchester City looking at one stage as though they were about to step in and hijack the deal.

Yet, while the waiting world may have wondered whether the 27-year-old was ready to abandon United in favour of City, and their new-found wealth, Berbatov confirmed he had never wavered in his desire to join the Red Devils.

"I don't play for the money," he told the club's official website.

"Those who know me; my really close friends, know that I play for enjoyment and to entertain the fans.



Really big

"If I want to play for the money, I will accept the Manchester City offer or Chelsea.

"But the red shirt is a really big thing for me. I want to play for the biggest club in the world. That is why I am here.

"Hopefully I will play my part in the team and we can win lots of trophies as well."

Indeed, Berbatov feels so strongly about United that he is already talking about staying at Old Trafford for the remainder of his career.

Certainly, no matter how long the Bulgaria striker is around for, he expects to improve.

"I know I can develop here in the way I always wanted," he added. "That is the most important thing for me.

"I am 27 now. I am at the biggest club in the world and maybe this could be the last step in my career."

www.manutd.com


Sila like page Blog Liga Malaysia di Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
back to top