Robinho eyes success under Hughes

Brazilian forward Robinho has revealed his ambition is to help bring the league title to Manchester City.

The 24-year-old met manager Mark Hughes for the first time on Tuesday following his shock British record move to City just before the transfer deadline on Monday.

"I met with the manager and it went very well," he said. "I know that he was a great player and I think that will be a big help to me. I want to help the manager and the team to win the Premier League, that's my ambition here."

He added: "I knew that Manchester City is a very big club, there's a great team there already and this is an exciting project.


Mean feat

"I liked the project, and when City made the offer to Real Madrid, I decided to come here. I liked the plans that Manchester City have and I want to succeed with them."

The Abu Dhabi United Group have announced grand plans for City to become the world's biggest club, which would be no mean feat, not least because neighbours Manchester United, who have a claim on that title already, are English and European champions.

Robinho has bought into their ambitious plan, though, and is enjoying the response to his signing by the City fans, who have been buying up tickets and club merchandise throughout the day.

"That makes me very, very happy, and I want to repay this excitement by performing on the pitch, and scoring a lot of goals for the fans," he said.

Link: sevenload.com




Sila like page Blog Liga Malaysia di Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
back to top