Mask option for Kilbane


Kevin Kilbane may have to wear a protective mask for the Republic of Ireland's match on Saturday.

The 31-year-old suffered a fractured cheekbone in Wigan Athletic's 5-0 victory at Hull City at the weekend, and underwent surgery to repair the damage the following day.

However, in a move which has hugely impressed Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni, Kilbane reported for international duty with the rest of his team-mates and is ready to play against Georgia in the World Cup qualifier.


Big example

Asked if the defender will wear a mask after he put his players through their paces in Malahide on Tuesday, Trapattoni said: "Maybe. He will go with our doctor. He has told me, 'I am okay, I am ready like this', but maybe it is better if he has a little bit of protection.

"But what is important is his mentality. He said to me, 'I want to be in the team, I want to play', and that is a big, big example to all the Ireland players because that is a very important mentality.

"With that mentality, I am confident we will go forward. He will have another check, but I am not worried, I am sure he can play."

Sila like page Blog Liga Malaysia di Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
back to top